Making cannabis brownies at home for recreational or medicinal purposes is super easy and is a fun experience. The pot brownies recipe will only require a few ingredients like the best kind of marijuana, flour, sugar, salt, eggs, and cocoa. To help you bake or make the best marijuana brownies, we have provided you with an easy pot brownie recipe.
What Does Pot Brownies Mean?
Pot brownies refer to baked items that have some amount of cannabis. These baked products are prepared with cannabis plants or even cannabis-infused fats like cannabis oil, cannabis butter, or cannabutter.
The pot brownies were introduced to the market by Alice B. Toklas in 1954. Many different terms refer to the Pot Brownies, such as weed brownies, hash browns, fun brownies, hash brownies, or space cakes.
Now that we understand what Pot Brownies are, let us look at what you need to make brownies and an easy pot brownie recipe with your daily dose of cannabinoids and satisfy your sweet tooth.
What Do You Need to Make Brownies?
Buying a pre-made brownie mix from the store is a great idea. However, making homemade cannabis brownies is not too much different from making regular or any other kind of brownie. The ingredients you require to make marijuana edibles are:
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- A cup of sugar
- A ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Two eggs
- ½ cup of canna-butter
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
In addition, you will also need to have some tools like:
- An oven
- Baking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Butter or cooking spray
- a large saucepan
- metal skewer
How to Make Delicious Weed Brownies
When all the ingredients and tools are ready and assembled, then you can start the baking process. A necessary point to note is that the prep time will be 5 minutes, and based on the type of oven you have, the cooking time may vary.
1. You will need to first preheat oven to 350 F or 180 degrees Celsius. Then line or grease the baking pan using some parchment paper or use cooking spray or butter to get it ready for the brownie mix.
2. The second step is to melt the butter in your saucepan. Here you can substitute it for infused coconut oil or cannabis oil.
3. As the butter melts, you can add your chocolate chips. You could also melt the dark chocolate chips separately and add the melted chocolate directly to the butter or infused coconut oil. Again, you will not let this mixture boil or burn.
4. Remove the mixture of butter and chocolate from the heat and add eggs and a tablespoon of your vanilla essence or vanilla extract. Then use your whisk to stir them thoroughly with the butter mixture.
5. In a different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients like salt, baking powder, sugar, and flour. You could also add your cocoa powder at this point if you did not use the chips in the third step. Suppose you desire to add any other mixed ingredients like spices, and you can do it at this point. It is important to note that adding chocolate or cocoa powder is optional.
6. When your ingredients are well mixed, you will add them to the wet ingredients and mix them evenly. By doing so, the weed will spread evenly and will produce great brownies.
7. Pour batter or brownie mix into the lined or greased baking pan and lightly tap and spread it evenly. By this time, the oven is perfectly pre-heated, you will then place the brownie mix in the oven, and it will take 25 to 30 minutes of cook time.
8. To ensure that the brownie mix is completely cooked, you will poke it using a toothpick if the toothpick will come out clean, if the brownie mix is completely cooked, and will have some brownie mix residue if they are not completely cooked.
9. Finally, if the cookies are well cooked, you will remove the cannabis brownies from the stove and transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool down before eating or serving. Now you can serve and enjoy. It is important to eat a single portion within two hours.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Butter
Butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and other fatty oils are flexible carriers for cannabinoids and THC. For example, Cannabutter is what is used to make pot brownies. Making cannabutter is a straightforward process. You will only need one cup of butter and 7 to 10 grams of ground decarbonated cannabis.
To decarbonate weed is to subject your cannabis to heat and time. The cannabinoid decarboxylates, losses the ability to interact with the body’s receptors because it losses the carboxyl group. Also, it is needful to make sure that the weed you want to decarb is grounded. The process will require you to preheat your oven for a few minutes at 235 Fahrenheit or 120 degrees Celsius, and then you will bake the grounded weed for up to 40 minutes.
When the cannabis is ready, the recipe calls for you to infuse the butter or oil with the weed. The best thing is that you can use regular butter to make the cannabutter. You will melt the butter in a double boiler and add the decarbed weed, and heat slows it for a few hours. When the butter is infused completely, you will sieve the weed from the butter using a clean cheesecloth.
The strained butter is what you will use for the great recipe for making weed brownies. However, it is also okay to buy ready-to-use cannabutter in the stores. Also, it is important to note that infusing cannabis with coconut oil or olive oil is done in the same way.
Making Homemade Cannabis Frosting
When you are done making your cannabis brownie, you might want to top them up with more cannabis. Making cannabis frosting is simple and will only take a few minutes. In addition, you will only need a few ingredients like Powdered Sugar, Cocoa Powder, cannabutter, powdered Milk, and Vanilla Extract.
First, you will mix the dry ingredients and then whip the butter and vanilla extract until you achieve a smooth consistency. To achieve great consistency, you can opt to use an electric mixer. You then use the mixer at low speed until you are done with the frosting process. You could add some sugar to add test and add powdered milk to make them thinner.
Using or adding Frosting to your marijuana edibles sounds great, but it will mostly depend on the amount you eat. After that, you will need to add the frosting to your cool edibles and enjoy.
What to Know Before Making Weed Brownies
Weed brownies are some of the most liked desserts loved by most adults because of their recreation and medicinal purposes. However, you should know that brownies are likely to cause you to feel hungry much faster, and you should be watchful not to eat too much of the edibles. Therefore avoid using too much sugar, especially if you have a sweet tooth.
Weed brownies can have some drawbacks if they are not prepared correctly. Additionally, it would help if you leveled the brownies according to their flavors because some ingredients like rich chocolate and crunchy nuts tend to masks the flavor of weed, and you could end up taking too much. There are a few factors that you should take note of before making your own homemade cannabis brownies.
When preparing the pot brownies, the correct and precise dosage is something you should pay attention to. Depending on the cannabis flower you settle on, you will find that some are stronger than others. You must ask a budtender if you are unsure how much weed to use or the compound that would affect the cannabis you purchase.
Another thing that will help is reading the label information provided in the packaging you buy. When you have understood the right dosages of the weed, you will also need to know how much infused butter you will need to make perfect and delicious homemade edibles. For instance, a low THC strain will give you great mellower weed brownies, and it will also be okay to use both regular butter and infused butter.
You must get the highest quality bud, mainly because you will consume or eat the cannabis brownie. Therefore, you must purchase cannabis flowers that have undergone lab testing. Additionally, you could opt to buy from a third-party tested vendor.
Some of the other factors that you should look at to ensure that you get high-quality weed are the weed flower structure, smell, and even the look.
What makes the best brownie?
With the best marijuana bud and the correct dosage of cannabis, you are guaranteed great results. Even though the cannabis recipes may take long hours and can be exhausting, the edibles are extremely delicious and worthwhile.
Remember having too much cannabis in the edibles can have some side effects, and it is recommended that you add just a little cannabis to the batter or mix. However, there are a few things that you should not do while you want to make the best brownie.
First, you should know that THC weed strains are notably in the best interest of making edibles and will give you exceptional results when you bake. Second, ensure that you get organically grown weed that does not contain any chemicals and is pest-free. Lastly, when you bake, you could make small quantities of the potent batch because they will take a little longer to kick in.
Frequently Asked Question on Pot Brownie Recipe
1. Is it better to make edibles with flowers or concentrate?
If you are using cannabis brownies for the first time, you should use weed concentrates will a lot of caution because weed will affect every person differently. Cannabis edibles with marijuana concentrates will have high potency and are very strong. The cannabis flower, on the other hand, is used with the right dosages. You should note that a conventional dose is 10 mg THC.
2. Should I make cannabis butter or oil?
If you are making your own home cannabis brownies using any online or cookbook pot brownie recipe, you should follow the weed recipe according to your directions. All recipes will indicate if you should use the amount of butter or lard to be used.
It will be up to you to be aware of how much cannabis you want to add to your cookies to make the best brownies. In most weed recipes, you can add a few ingredients or substitute some here and there according to your preference. You should note that in the place of the butter, coconut oil, or vegetable oil amount indicated, you could replace it with cannabutter. Also, remember that for oil-based liquids, cannabis oil will be ideal.
3. How do you make Cannabutter without the house smell?
To help reduce or minimize the awful smell that might be left behind while making cannabis brownies, you could boil water to 200 degrees. Then place vac sealed herb into the water for up to one and a half hours or 90- minutes. After Decarboxylation, heat the weed and butter again for up to 200 degrees for about three and a half hours.
4. Is 5 grams enough for brownies?
Using 5 grams of weed while making a cannabis brownie would be irrational. If you use 5 grams of fresh grounds without any sublimated grounds, it should be 1.5 inches by 1.5-inch square. Therefore, 2.5 grams of fresh grounds should be around a three by 2-inch rectangle.
5. What will happen if I put too much butter in brownies?
If you use too much butter in the pot brownie recipe, you will have fudgy cannabis brownies. Also, too much cannabutter will cause the cannabis brownies to be all greasy and slick, which is not good, especially for baked products.